The Mercy 大学 护理团队 (Concern, 评估, 响应, Evaluation) is committed to enhancing the college experience through a proactive, collaborative, and thoughtful approach to the identification, 评估, and early intervention of troublesome or concerning behaviors that impact the 大学 community.
The 护理团队 includes 大学 官员 from the following Mercy 大学 departments:
资源 & 信息
任何怜悯 大学 community member is able to submit a referral to the 护理团队 if they are concerned about the behavior or well-being of a student.
- Direct statements indicating distress, family problems, or loss
- Angry or hostile outbursts, yelling, or aggressive comments
- More withdrawn or more animated than usual
- Expressions of hopelessness or worthlessness
- Expressions of extreme anxiety or irritability
- Excessively demanding or dependent behavior
- Lack of response to outreach from 大学 官员
- Deterioration in physical appearance or 个人 hygiene
- Excessive fatigue, exhaustion; repeatedly falling asleep in public areas of campus
- Visible changes in weight; statements about change in appetite or sleep
- Noticeable cuts, bruises, or burns
- Frequent or chronic illness
- Disorganized speech, rapid or slurred speech, confusion
- Unusual inability to make eye contact
- Under the influence of drugs or alcohol in any location on campus
The purpose of the 护理团队 is to serve as a collaborative group focused on prevention and early intervention for students experiencing serious distress or engaging in harmful or disruptive behaviors. Through an online reporting form available to the Mercy 大学 community the 护理团队 will be alerted to students of concern and will be able to review, 评估, and make recommendations for how to best assist reported students. 这个团队 aims to intervene and assist students in meeting their academic, 个人, and professional goals at the 大学.
这个团队 does not serve as a crisis response unit, nor does it replace faculty classroom management, and/or the Safety and Security Office’s response to an incident.
If this is an emergency that involves an imminent risk of harm to self or others, please contact campus Safety and Security at 914-674-9999 or by dialing 911.
To submit a report for review, please click here: CARE Referral Form